This is a quite common chicken dish that can be easily and quickly made. It is just only the combination of chicken and chilli as the main ingredient. Chicken is the only thing that goes with any form of marination on it. The result will always be good anytime. Here is the simple recipe for a delicious chilli chicken recipe
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp ( Its more spicy)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken - 500gm (I used chicken legs)
- Onion - 1 (small)
- Tomato - 1 (small)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp(optional)
- Coriander leaves - Few to garnish
- Wash the chicken well and prick it using a fork or knife and keep aside. Cut onion and tomaoto and keep aside. squeeze the lemon and extract a tbsp of lemon juice.
- In a preheated tawa/pan, add oil. Once oil is hot, add ginger garlic paste, onion and tomato and saute well till the tomato turn mushy.
- Now add chicken and give a quick stir.
- Now add chilli, salt and a tbsp of lemon juice.
- Add and adjust the level of water so that the chicken immerse fully.
- Cook this mixer on medium to high flame till the chicken absorbs chilli water well and the water is drained to little in the tawa. Once almost all the water is drained off, add a tbsp of oil on the sides of the pan and saute it till the chicken is cooked well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
My 2 cents
- Once water is drained off, simmer the stove and start adding oils.
- If you need more crispier chilli chicken, add more oil and saute till its crisp.